Sunday, February 26, 2017

My little Baby Beep is going to be one.  Not soon soon but in almost three months.  In the eight months that I have been a mom, I have come to realize that it takes me forever to do the simplest of projects that I used to be able to knock out in an afternoon.  It's because of this, that I started to plan Baby Beep's birthday party.  This first birthday is not so much for the child (because what are they going to remember), but I feel like it's more of a celebration for the parents (super excited we all made it out of this year alive). 
The first order of business was to pick a theme.  I hate picking themes for anything....but at the end of 2016 I received an e-mail ad for Chatbooks (check them out they make baby photo albums or any photo album a breeze) and they had this really pretty cover and theme to showcase your year of 2016.  It was by Rifle Paper co.  For those of you who have never seen Rifle Paper or don't know what it is, don't be ashamed because neither did I at the time, it is mostly beautiful vintage hand drawings.  I fell in love with everything Rifle Paper after that ad.  The vintage graphic flowers are to die for.  The hard part for me was picking a pattern that I wanted to follow and stick to but I figured it out today (I may leave this as a surprise).  Here are a couple of my favorite patterns...head over to Rifle Paper co to see what other wonderful items they have (they even sell fabric)





Next up, brainstorming décor ideas.  I had actually started this process before I decided on the Rifle Paper pattern.  A couple of weeks back I went to the Goodwill and purchase a bunch of larger picture frames and I wanted to utilize them in the décor...I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them.  So, I did what any party planning momma does, I started googling and pinteresting.  There was just so much pretty and so little time.  I'll try to keep you all posted on the progress as I go

No comments: